Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chocolate Wars!

Happy Valentine's Day, Y'all!  And since flowers and chocolate are on almost every one's mind today, this is the perfect opportunity for me to share with you the ongoing battle that rages here at Yellow Creek Farm.

My husband is the world's greatest chocoholic!  How do I know that?  Well, he just has to be.  Never in my life have I seen anyone devour chocolate at a more alarming rate.  He almost single-handedly helps keep the doors of the Hershey factory open, I can assure you.

He has what my family jokingly refers to as "Don's Chocolate Stash" which takes up one whole shelf in my freezer door.  From time to time, when post-holiday chocolate prices are slashed and he really stocks up, the stash spills over into other shelves and I have to patiently make him re-contain the "Stash" into it's allotted space.  

The chocolate shelf before Valentine's Day
AND......

The stash on Valentine's Day
Notice how there's been a great, big addition already this morning??  That's the box of candy he gave ME for Valentine's Day!  We don't linger over the logic here. This happens every year since I'm not as big a fan of the stuff as he is.  He buys me the biggest box of chocolate he can find, knowing I won't eat it, then happily adds to his hoard after the ceremonial "gift giving".  

Gotta love him, I tell ya, but sometimes I really have to draw the line.  If it's chocolate and it's in the freezer, he automatically feels that it's fair game.  SO.......my baking chocolate is always stored with a warning.  

The Warning!
I kid you not......I actually have to do this.  If these chips happen to last the day, I was thinking of making some cookies.  Sometimes I just bake stuff so he won't devour the ingredients first!

~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment