Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Death of a Shoe

I AM COMPLETELY DEVASTATED!  Imagine my shock & horror this morning when I went online to order a pair of shoes from my favorite shoe company in the entire universe, Simple Shoes, and learned that they are going out of business.......

My favorite shoes
I am very attached to these shoes and recently had to retire this particular pair because of a left foot, big toe blowout.  These shoes and I have shared some great times together and, as you can see, I have loved them to death.  With a great fitting pair of jeans (or not), and a faded cotton T-shirt, these shoes made the perfect outfit in my mind......my Yellow Creek Farm uniform.  Some folks in my life have taken issue with my style choices since I retired from (aka "quit") the corporate world.  I, however, found that I was capable of almost anything when I wore these shoes.

So what's a girl to do???  Maybe I'll check out Ebay.  If I'm lucky, maybe someone had the inside line on the going out of business thing and bought up a few pairs in anticipation of poor souls like me who will probably pay too much money for the shoe of their dreams. Hmmmm.....I've heard about people like me.  Shoe freaks I always called them!  I'll have to keep you posted.  Any suggestions??

My favorite shoes in the entire world.  Sadly, tho, they are going out of business. :-\

4 comments:

  1. Googled Simple Shoes and it looks like you can get them in the UK. Let me know if you want some shipping out to you. Or should I bring them??? Don't panic I am joking :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may actually get down to you booking a flight! This is a very serious issue. : )

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain! I have a favorite pair of walking shoes that look like two beached beluga whales. I intend to buy 10 pairs to get me thru the next 30 years. Yes, check ebay and stock up on your "simples"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhh! A like-minded soul.....how refreshing!

      Delete