Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

We Personal Chef, Too!

I tell you, there’s always something keeping us busy here at Yellow Creek Farm.  Keeps it interesting, though.  Our daughter, Lauren, is a chef by trade and keeps a pretty rigorous schedule working in the restaurant business.  Lately she’s picked up a couple of personal chef jobs on the side, and I get to be her built-in sous chef.  I have to say that she’s very tolerant considering my limited professional culinary abilities and less than perfect knife skills! 

So we got up very early this morning to prepare for a dinner she’s doing tonight.  Did a sort of mini photo shoot while we were prepping beef tenderloins and baking corn cookies (Delicious!  I’ll get that recipe up on the blog soon.) 

This is a picture of yours truly chopping parsley.  I was talking to Hubby, Don, and trying to direct him on how to use the camera!  We limp along here with this technology stuff :-))Me chopping LOTS of parsley!Here’s a batch of the Corn Cookies after they had  chilled in the fridge and were ready to go in the oven.  Look just like big ‘ol scoops of ice cream, don’t they?

Corn Cookies ready to go in the oven

The tenderloins smelled soooooo good while she was searing them off.  Sometimes it’s really hard to keep on working and not stop to nibble!

Tenderloins nicely seared off & ready for the oven

Quite honestly, I have to say that my hat is off to all of the chefs in the world.  That job is not for sissies, that’s for sure.  I was worn out by the time Lauren was cleaned up, packed up, and ready to head out the door at 2:00.  We put in about 6 straight hours of prep & cooking time for one dinner.  I couldn’t imagine being under the pressure of doing a dinner service in a busy restaurant!  So imagine how happy I was when Hubby Don announced that he would cook supper tonight for the two of us.  Well, I was all for that!  Here’s a picture of MY personal chef  and his specialty, Pepper Steak with Rice!  :-)Don cooking dinnerPot of Pepper Steak ready for rice! 

 

 

 

 

 

Now that’s what I’M talking about!!  Along with a nice glass of chardonnay, I was really glad to kick back and relax after a long day of cooking.  It’s so nice to be pampered! 

***

2 comments:

  1. When am I invited for dinner? I request corn cookies for dessert. I'll bring my three issues of Lucky Peach in case you don't have them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had planned a supper in the garden last spring/summer which never materialized. Will definitely happen this year, come hell or high water. Your invitation should arrive via our two darling little chefs!! The wheels are already ticking as I sit here at 5:30 in the a.m. eating black beans & basmati for breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete