Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Blank Page

May 2010 026Happy New Year!! And with that greeting comes a whole new list of plans and possibilities.  A blank page waiting to be filled with whatever I choose, because we are the masters of our own destiny…..right??  Well, every once in a while someone likes to step in and throw you a curve ball, but I suppose it’s all in how you choose to handle those things that determines their outcome. 

As for me, my only resolution for the new year is that I choose to live simply and deliberately here at Yellow Creek Farm.  One of my favorite quotes from Thoreau is, “Our life is frittered away by detail.  Simplify, simplify.”   Why, I would stay here forever and never leave if the forces that drive our existence wouldn’t give me such a hard time about it!!  For instance, they keep telling me that I need a new pair of shoes when I’m quite happy with the ones I’ve got.  :-))  Simple Shoes 002

I’ll just end this post with that……..Have a wonderful day!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment